Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Coffee With Kim: Palmer's Massage Cream for Stretch Marks

Php500+
I think I just found the cream of all creams for stretch marks. Well, I haven't tried all of them - but this really works! Anyway. When I was still pregnant with Kelly, I remember talking about my search for the a stretch marks removal cream that actually works. My research led me to shea butter, which is fat extracted from the nuts of the African shea tree. I looked for a local store that has it and I was led to Body Shop. Thing is, the shea butter products of Body Shop are really expensive (about Php3000+). Was I willing to experiment on such a pricey product? No, thank you!

Eventually, I gave birth to Kelly and I suddenly had to face the stretch marks issue. I had a lot on my waist, which really got me searching for a cream again since we had a beach trip planned. My friend recommended Palmer's to me. She tried it herself and according to her, it really works. So, I went to the nearest Watson's store and bought myself one.

It is a bit pricey, but less expensive than the shea butter products that Body Shop offers. Palmer's, however, makes use of cocoa butter or theobroma oil with Vitamin E, collagen, and Elastin instead of shea butter.

As advised by my friend, I applied the massage cream on my waist and tummy areas twice a day - after taking a bath in the morning and before going to sleep. I did this for two weeks straight and to my surprise, I saw that my stretch marks lightened significantly. It really does work!

My dermatologist told me that products like this cannot remove stretch marks completely, but can lighten them. If you want to avoid stretch marks, it is best to apply this cream during your pregnancy to moisturize your skin. It is also important to keep yourself hydrated so your skin won't develop stretch marks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment